Association of European Border Regions (AEBR) published Information about ER BBK on your home website: http://www.aebr.net/news/news_regions.php?lc=en&nid=281.
Biele Karpaty Region has succeeded in the project called Exchange of knowledge and approved methods towards sustainable development of crossborder cooperation of V4 countries within the standard grants of the International Visegrad Fund.
Objective of the project is to help each other to develop in the long term own border regions and the area of Central Europe as a whole until and after the year 2013 by means of exchanging the best experiences and specific features acquired from the development of the border regions of SK-CZ, SK-PL, SK-HU.
Outcome of the project will be the definition of common topics, specific features, needs and trends in crossborder cooperation of V4 countries which – due to their size – have the longest borders in Europe.
Duration of the project: January – December 2010
Amount of the grant: 15,000,- € /50 % of the project/
Project partners: Region Bílé Karpaty Zlín, CZ * Zwiazek Euroregion „Tatry“ Nowy Targ, PL * Nógrád Megyei Kereskedelmi és Iparkamara Salgótarján, HU * Trenčianska obchodná a priemyselná komora SOPK Trenčín, SK * Obchodní a hospodářská komora Uherské Hradiště, CZ * Kelet-Közép-Európai Kis és Középvállalkozóks Szövétsége, Vecsés, HU. more info…
„The cooperation on the both sides originates in the recognition of the necessity to strengthen the cross-border cooperation among the Central European countries and with respect to preserve mutual cultural and natural heritage of the border areas.”
From Preamble of the Memorandum of ER BBK
EUROREGIÓN BÍLÉ – BIELE KARPATY (ER BBK) is an association of legal entities in which three sectors cooperate. ER BBK was established by the Memorandum of Cross-border Association which was signed by the Slovak association Región Biele Karpaty and the Czech association Region Bílé Karpaty on July 30, 2000. ER BBK, with its seat in Trenčín, was registered on the Slovak side, at Regional State Administration in Trenčín. The area of ER BBK represents 8 466 km² and has 1 190 528 inhabitants.
The subject of its activities is a general development of the cross-border region based on priorities and measures of the Joint Programming Document of Euroregión Bílé – Biele Karpaty on Cross-border Cooperation for 2001 – 2006 and for 2007 – 2013.
To create conditions for getting to know each other and coordination of the activities, ER BBK wants to cooperate in the following areas and activities:
- Environment and land planning
- Agriculture and forestry
- Transportation, communication and technical infrastructure
- Economy, employment and human resources
- Health and social care
- Education, research and culture
- Civil and fire protection and emergency service
- Civil society
- Educational, information and publishing activity
- Organising of seminars and conferences
- Cooperation with other euroregions
GOALS OF THE ASSOCITION ER BBK:
- Development of ER BBK
- Professional support for joint working groups and regional teams of experts for realisation of projects
- Implementation of the Joint Programming Document of ER BBK for 2007-2013
- Cooperation with other euroregions within the territory of the Czech and Slovak Republics, with the Slovak-Czech Intergovernmental Commission and with national ministries concerned with the cross – border cooperation
- Cooperation with regional government and regional development agencies
- Development of social and economical activities and presentation of ER BBK
- Information, consulting and programming assistance
- Platform to solve cross-border problems of primary areas: complex care of human resources, development of environmental infrastructure and development of tourism
- Propagation of the region and its activities
- International cooperation
- Active membership in the Association of European Border Regions
Working partnerships with regions and border regions within the territory of the European Union